Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Who knew I would have to hate Insane Clown Posse?

So as I was skimming along trying to get some physics done (validating data sets and the like) an article comes along my Facebook news feed from the blog Cosmic Variance.

Insane Clown Posse Channels Walt Whitman

Now if you are puzzled by the article I do suggest you go and read it...a brilliant piece of work. But what really got me was this, pardon the pun, insane rant put on by a member of Insane Clown Posse against science.


That's right, these two douche bags that like to paint there faces like clowns and rap about violence against women and other such "wonders of the universe" have a thing against scientists!
To quote these idiots:
Fuckin’ magnets, how do they work?
And I don’t wanna talk to a scientist
Y’all motherfuckers lying and
getting me pissed.

Wow! Not only don't they know something that has been simple scientific knowledge for the better part of 200 years, but they go on to say during and interview:
“I did think,” I admit, “that fog constitutes quite a low threshold for miracles.”

“Fog?” Violent J says, surprised.

“Well,” I clarify, “I’ve lived around fog my whole life, so maybe I’m blasé.”

“Fog, to me, is awesome,” he replies. “Do you know why? Because I look at my five-year-old son and I’m explaining to him what fog is and he thinks it’s incredible.”

“Ah!” I gesticulate. “If you’re explaining to your five-year-old son what fog is, then why do you not want to meet scientists? Because they’re just like you, explaining things to people…”

“Well,” Violent J says, “science is… we don’t really… that’s like…” He pauses. Then he waves his hands as if to say, “OK, an analogy”: “If you’re trying to fuck a girl, but her mom’s home, fuck her mom! You understand? You want to fuck the girl, but her mom’s home? Fuck the mom. See?”

Now, if it wasn't bad enough that these guys seem incapable of completing a sentence without swearing and saying something idiotic, turns out they are evangelical Christians who also hate knowledge!
This is basically where I draw the line, you want to believe in your religion to the exclusion of other facts....fine. (I happen to believe in a religion too...) You want to paint yourself up like a clown and rap for a bunch of idiot 15 year olds who don't get enough attention at home...go knock yourself out.
But when you do all this and attack knowledge as if it is something bad to have...well now you are hurting a great many more people and making everyone else stupid in the process

Fog is just water in the air, magnets aren't magic they are simply a property of the way atoms align in a material, and knowledge will set you free!

No comments:

Post a Comment