Sunday, October 10, 2010

Two Climbing competetions and a Microphone

Where it's at? Well, the last 3 weeks have been really busy for me including two bouldering competitions!
The first one was at my home gym Vertical Endeavors in Warrenville, Il. I had placed this competition in the middle of a 4 week training cycle to try to get myself ready for early October. It was a great competition with about 80 competitors. I ended up finishing 10th place in the male advanced category which put me about 20/36 over all. Not a stellar performance but still good for me, and compared to two years ago when I placed in the intermediate division I was very pleased. Results found here

Then October 2nd my friend Sham and I traveled to Minneapolis, Minnesota to compete in Octboulderfest and the Vertical Endeavors there. I had been to this gym once before but I was certainly not in the home field advantage. Worse, because of the night before (read party with my brothers friends), a nagging sinus infection, and sleeping on the floor I was in anything but prime condition.

I finished 13th in male advanced (despite them slaughtering the spelling of my name) and 24/35 overall. What is really interesting about this result is in order to get my 5 scores I had to complete and easy intermediate problem...so even with one terrible score I still did just a little worse than the previous comp! 

All-in-all they were great comps, the ABS (American Bouldering Society) reps at both comps were real boobs that made the prize portion take forever...but they are volunteers so I guess I can't fault their lack of organization too hard.

Now I'm prepping for the next outdoor session and training hard...but more on that later

No comments:

Post a Comment