Thursday, April 1, 2010

Doing less bad is still no good (Part 3)

Update following week 12 and we are on the rise again!
Total miles driven this year is 1746.6 and we again had a large fluctuation up during a two week period.
Interestingly enough this does correspond with me having a lot of time at Fermilab for work and other related activities.
I'm hoping that over this next month this graph will have a very uncommon dip for three reasons.
1) NICE WEATHER HAS ARRIVED! It is a lame excuse for not taking my bike, I know, but when it is cold a rainy the 15 mile bike ride back and forth from the train station to the lab (along with the 50 min train ride) has very little appeal.
2) Gas is right at $3.00 per gallon. Like I said before, my environmental impact has a lot to do with the economy of being friendly. Now that it is more economical to ride the train then to drive I expect this to be a dipping graph. 3) I am considering doing an iron-man in August and I need to get my riding (and swimming) much better if I have any hope.
More thoughts on being environmental to come....

1 comment: